Wednesday 29 May 2013

Art Journal/Mixed Media Pages May 2013

 

Art Journal/Mixed Media May 2013

For a long time now I've wanted to do more mixed media projects so this month I decided to run a workshop to create 5" x 7" artwork.
 

The "create" piece was made using a piece of mount board covered with sticky-back canvas, and "Stephanie Barnard" sprays to add colour to the background. I used a Ranger tred, and paint to add the leaves. A range of other products were used - gilding flakes, gilding wax, Liquid Pearls, UTEE, stamps, molds, Fimo, distress inks etc.


The "inspire" piece is my favourite, I used a Crafters Workshop stencil, distress inks, a newsprint stamp and some die cut flowers.

I liked the design so thought I would finally start an art journal and made this my first page (below images)


 
At this point I wanted to add some Zentangle (doodling)so the design was unique to me and more personal.



The images below are also created on Mount/canvas, using paints on the background, a peacock stencil, Distress inks, gilding flakes, Liquid Pearls, Clarity leaf stamps and UTEE and a cookie cutter for the leaves.



 
Well that's it for now.....more images to follow shortly x
 
More pics as promised.............
 


 
 

Crafty Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment